I've coached several people with the same question: How can we stay married?
A few years ago I blogged about the three best ways to destroy a marriage. Now I'll explain how to have a long, faithful, happy marriage.
1. Fix yourself. Most problems in marriage are related to selfishness. Fix yourself so you can be better for your spouse. Remember to work on overcoming your most selfish areas.
2. Forgive. Don't hold grudges. Love (it's a verb) your spouse especially when you don't want to. Serve the one you chose. Your love will increase as you pray for and work for your chosen one.
3. Find your spouse's love language. Do they want gifts, words of affirmation, quality time, physical touch, or a combination? Repeatedly do and be what he/she likes.
4. Find Faith. Intimacy and marital bliss are enhanced and fortified by faithful devotion to God. Live your religion.
5. Fight fair. Don't attack your spouse. Unitedly attack problems with patience and calmness. Openly discuss challenges without blaming and using personal accountability to fix problems.